| I've come to the conclusion that I, a semi-decent Fortnite player, am forever doomed to the never-ending abyss of failure in the game. |
When I call myself decent, I am trying to say that while I'm not GREAT at Fortnite, I'm also not BAD the game either, you get me? If I was to give myself a letter grade to myself as a player, I would give myself like a B- on a good day, and probably a C on a bad day.
* Okay if you are reading this then by now you are probably asking yourself why you are even reading this at all. Well I'm not even so sure why I'm writing this in the first place anyways, so just stick around and finish reading the post, maybe I'll go somewhere with this :) *
I've been playing Fortnite since late December, just ahead of the curve before it became the mainstream empire it is today. Since then, I have only gotten one Solo win, a handful of Duo wins, and around a solid 15 Squad wins. My accomplishments in Fortnite aren't all that impressive, and it points to my average-ness in the game.
The concept of the game in simple: 100 people land on an island, choose their own spots to land in to gather materials and weapons, and battle it out until the final person remaining is crowned Victory Royale. You can either play alone in Solo mode, with an extra friend in Duos, or play with three extra friends in Squads. Fortnite has also added other aspects of the game to keep it fresh and interesting: golf carts and shopping carts, updated maps and concepts, new skins and weapons, and new modes such as Playgrounds, 50v50 and Blitz.
Unfortunately for myself, those updates are released to make sure I never quit on the game, regardless how much I tell myself that I suck. No matter how many times I quit because of frustration or complain about "cheating" or "glitches", I always end up coming back the next day to play. And it's been the same like this for months, I've been just as obsessed about the game since the day I first got it.
I should have given up by now, but I can't for some reason. It's just too addicting and fun, and while it is all across social media it gives me an urge to hop on and play. I already accepted that I'll never be amazing at it, but at least I'm not trash either. I'm stuck in the middle, and if I'm having fun then it's all that matters.
This is a life lesson: we can't be amazing at everything that we do, and life is too short to take everything too seriously. As long as you find that balance of having fun and being serious in life, then you will live happily.
* Okay if you are reading this then by now you are probably asking yourself why you are even reading this at all. Well I'm not even so sure why I'm writing this in the first place anyways, so just stick around and finish reading the post, maybe I'll go somewhere with this :) *
I've been playing Fortnite since late December, just ahead of the curve before it became the mainstream empire it is today. Since then, I have only gotten one Solo win, a handful of Duo wins, and around a solid 15 Squad wins. My accomplishments in Fortnite aren't all that impressive, and it points to my average-ness in the game.
The concept of the game in simple: 100 people land on an island, choose their own spots to land in to gather materials and weapons, and battle it out until the final person remaining is crowned Victory Royale. You can either play alone in Solo mode, with an extra friend in Duos, or play with three extra friends in Squads. Fortnite has also added other aspects of the game to keep it fresh and interesting: golf carts and shopping carts, updated maps and concepts, new skins and weapons, and new modes such as Playgrounds, 50v50 and Blitz.
Unfortunately for myself, those updates are released to make sure I never quit on the game, regardless how much I tell myself that I suck. No matter how many times I quit because of frustration or complain about "cheating" or "glitches", I always end up coming back the next day to play. And it's been the same like this for months, I've been just as obsessed about the game since the day I first got it.
I should have given up by now, but I can't for some reason. It's just too addicting and fun, and while it is all across social media it gives me an urge to hop on and play. I already accepted that I'll never be amazing at it, but at least I'm not trash either. I'm stuck in the middle, and if I'm having fun then it's all that matters.
This is a life lesson: we can't be amazing at everything that we do, and life is too short to take everything too seriously. As long as you find that balance of having fun and being serious in life, then you will live happily.
Comments
Post a Comment