Marvel Studio's cinematic universe has cemented itself as a cultural cornerstone of this generation. Since the late 2000s, Marvel has dominated the superhero genre and ushered the superhero era in Hollywood.
Once again, after the release of Spiderman: Far From Home, Marvel Studios has added another superhero classic to their impressive repertoire. Following the massive Infinity War and Endgame saga, Marvel picks up where they left off with this sequel, one of the best movies to date.

Spider-Man: Far From Home Review
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, the world is still adjusting to the reality-shifting consequences five years after The Snap and the return of those who were snapped away. We see Peter Parker and his good ol' high school gang adjusting to the world and preparing for a trip away to Europe.
Throughout the movie, we see Peter's struggle to cope with the loss of Iron Man, accepting his new role as a superhero, and his relationship with MJ begins to develop. This is, of course, an unbearable weight for a teenager to carry and it does take a toll of him throughout the movie. I don't think we've ever seen a version of Peter Parker that demonstrates this struggle so realistically and I love that the movie slows things down to emphasize how difficult it becomes for him.
Yes I understand these movies are fiction and we all know Spider-Man is a superhero, but the character himself is still a teenager and the fact remains that he carries this immense responsibility. I love that this movie cares about the complexity of balancing both lives equally.
Yes I understand these movies are fiction and we all know Spider-Man is a superhero, but the character himself is still a teenager and the fact remains that he carries this immense responsibility. I love that this movie cares about the complexity of balancing both lives equally.
I think Mysterio was an amazing villain. Period. Jake Gyllenhaal's personality bleeds into this role and he makes Mysterio a madman as well as a genius. A movie is as good as its villain and I can't find a single fault about Mysterio's motivations and how perfectly he compliments the protagonist. Mysterio comes off as a vengeful and bloodthirsty enemy, but with just enough charm and pettiness to make him a very compelling antagonist. He's just a fun, annoying bad guy.
In addition, the illusion sequences are so colorful, the animations are so brilliant and they create a spectacular movie experience. The climax in which Peter has to rely on his own spidey-sense to defeat Mysterio's illusons was pretty awesome and more symbolic than anything else. It represented Peter's decision to trust his own abilities and senses instead of relying on what he can physically see around him, also representing that he now accepts his new role without Iron Man's guidance.
I can't stress how much I love this movie. It's probably in my top 5 of Marvel movies.
I can't stress how much I love this movie. It's probably in my top 5 of Marvel movies.
What does this all mean?
It's been eleven years and twenty-three movies later and Marvel is still releasing top-tier quality movies. In fact, Marvel's been in this incredible stretch releasing phenomenal movies without a bad movie interrupting their streak.
They've released movies like Captain America: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, Spiderman: Far From Home in a span of the last four years. . These movies have are all classics of the genre and theatrical masterpieces in general.
Looking back at the entire MCU twenty-three movie collection so far, there's only a handful of movies you can consider a "bad movie". I can count like four of them. That absolutely insane. A movie studio with a perfect record of successful movies with very little criticism, complex characters and stories, billion-dollar profits and A-list actors is unheard of. Marvel's commitment to excellence and producing quality movies is worthy to admiration.
Series like Star Wars and X-Men, failed to uphold the level of quality after consecutive movies and struggle to please both fans and critics alike. Marvel's been able to knock both out of the park easily over the last twenty-something movies.
Like I mentioned before, comic book characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, and more are now iconic pop culture figures following the MCU's success. These characters represent themes that many fans identify with and can relate to deeply. Newer characters like Captain Marvel and Black Panther reward minorities with a hero that they can respect.
Marvel's success has translated to a significant pop culture influence for generations to come. And we are all lucky to live in it.
Comments
Post a Comment